Tuesday, 27 October 2015

Le Housecoat

One day my daughter and I were in a smaller mall - the kind that's not too trendy - mostly populated with some doctor/dentist offices, drug store, groceries, nick-knacks, As Seen On TV shop, etc. Many of the patrons are the elderly, who will pass an hour or more in the diner-style restaurant or the limited food court (nothing wrong with that, by the way). There was a salon in the mall. It looked a little dated, faded, and in need of a few clients. The name of this particular parlour was 'Le Beauty Salon'. Valerie and I were laughing at how the "Le" in front of two English words is there to add the touch of class, mystique, and European glamour. So today we have Le housecoat, made by moi.

Well, here is a pattern I got online of a women's housecoat from 1970
 I wanted to make view 1.
I cut up some pieces out of curtains we had for windows and a closet at our old house. Then I added the bottoms of some Ikea curtains we bought for glass doors we have on our bedroom and bathroom (bathroom - can you believe there was a glass door on the bathroom??!) The curtains were too long, so they got shortened and I finally found a use for those curtain bottoms - see further below.

Partway done. I used the red for the bottom pieces, the side pockets and the inside of the stand-up collar.

Now it's done. Here is me wearing the housecoat. I really, really, really, really, really, really love it!!!

Back view: I'm standing in front of the original too-long Ikea curtain


I tried to take a selfie - hard to do with my ipad. Too hard - I get my husband or other family members to take the shots.

No comments:

Post a Comment