Saturday, 24 October 2015

Tank top attempt


Here's a top from a lovely pattern I found on the blog, Casa Crafty. It is called the Cine Tank and it's a free pattern. I looked at the versions by the blog author (Kelley, I believe is her name), and I thought it was really pretty. Here is the tutorial.  Anyway, since the top is so far offered only in the small size, I thought I'd try it out using some scraps for the front and an old ugly curtain for the back. Ha ha. The top worked out and will be much better once I use real fabric. Here it is:


And the back view (it's a curtain I took down - some sort of thin weave)

I followed the pattern layout and cut and taped the pattern together.

The piece of scrap I had wasn't big enough to accomodate even just the front of the tank top, so I did some fancy patchwork as shown here. I think it worked out.

Had to do a little more piecing to get a complete front ready for sewing, as you can see below. One shoulder strap still needing a patch-up here. On the left is the curtain I cut the back out of.
Not bad considering I sewed a lycra front to a woven back. I like this pattern very much, and will make another proper one now that I know the pattern will fit me. Thank you very much to Casa Crafty!! Very generous of you to share your lovely pattern!

One more shot:


Update: I gave it to my daughter. It looks better on her. She takes what she likes of mine. For example, here she is wearing my pointe shoes.
Well, she was just approved yesterday by one of her ballet teachers to get her very own pointe shoes. We're getting them in two days. She's excited!
Back view:

No comments:

Post a Comment